Packing an Essentials Box for your Long-Distance Move.
Regardless of whether you are moving across town or across the country, an essentials box may be one of the most important boxes that you pack. Organization is the key to any successful move, then an essentials box is a must for a stress-free move. As your premier Castlegar movers, we would like to provide you with the following checklist of what your long-distance essentials box should contain.
Your essentials box should contain a variety of household items that will prevent you from having to unpack multiple boxes.
Here’s the deal:
Make sure that your essentials box is not packed with your other boxes in the moving truck. Instead, ensure that this box travels with you, in case your items are delayed.
Your kitchen essentials should contain enough cutlery and dinner plates to feed your family for a single meal and should contain:
- Cutlery, plates, bowls and glasses for all members of your family.
- A pot and skillet.
- A cutting knife, spatula and serving spoon.
- Snacks, beverages and food for an easy dinner, breakfast and lunch.
- Garbage bags.
Your bathroom essentials are some of the most important items that you will need and should contain:
- Any type of needed medication.
- Contact lenses and solution, if applicable.
- Toilet paper.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Makeup and moisturizers.
- Soap and shampoo.
- Washcloths and hand towels.
You may need to do some last minute touch ups or cleaning at either your old or new place. Make sure that your essentials box has the following cleaning items:
- Disinfectant wipes for countertops.
- Cleaning sponges and clothes.
- Dish soap.
- A small dustpan and broom.
- All-purpose cleaner.
An emergency kit is an important part of any essentials box and should contain:
- Bandaids and disinfectant.
- A flashlight.
- Gauze and medical supplies such as anti-bacterial ointment, medical tape, and tweezers.
- A small tool kit with a multi-purpose screwdriver and needle nose pliers.
There are certain items and documents that you will want to include in your essentials box:
- Chargers for your cell phones.
- Personal electronics such as iPads, or laptops as well as their chargers.
- Health records.
- Passports and personal identification.
- Title to home and mortgage documents.
- Birth certificates and social insurance numbers.
A well packed essentials box will make your long-distance moving experience far easier and less stressful. Make sure to label the contents in your essentials box and only use reinforced undamaged boxes. If you would like more information about how to pack an essentials box or are interested in the moving services we provide, please contact us today. We would love to be a part of your next long-distance move. We look forward to hearing from you soon.