Tips for Moving your King Size Bed
When it comes to moving your belongings, some things are easier to move than others. Usually the most challenging items to move are your furniture and bed. These items tend to be more cumbersome and heavier making them awkward and difficult to get from point A to point B. As Castelgar’s premier movers, we would like to offer you the following tips on how to safely and easily move your king sized bed.
Create a Plan
Before moving anything, take the time to come up with a plan of action. This plan should include the following:
- A timeline – make sure that you leave yourself enough time to move all the parts of your bed including the frame and box mattress. This includes leaving enough room for these items in your moving truck.
- Get the proper help to complete this task. You will need at least one other person or mover to help you move the bed parts into the moving truck.
- Secure a moving truck and movers that have the storage to accommodate your bedding.
Here’s the Deal:
A thorough plan will save you stress and make your move easier. Do not skip this step.
Prepare the Packing Materials
You are going to need certain packing materials to move your bed without damaging it, staining or marking the mattress. These materials include:
- A mattress bag. Make sure that you get the proper sized bag (king) and that it’s a durable plastic that will not tear or rip during the move.
- Blankets to wrap your bed frame, to prevent any marking or damage.
- Packing tape and plastic bags to store all the bolts and fasteners from your disassembled bed frame.
Step by Step
There is a step by step procedure to moving your king size bed. Make sure to pack all your bedding and move it separately from the mattress and bed frame. Label the bedding so that it is easily located when you are unpacking.
Next, remove the mattress from the bed frame and either store it in your bedroom or move it into another room to give yourself more space. Do the same with the box spring, if you have one.
Begin disassembling the bed frame and properly label and securely attach all parts to their respective pieces.
Safety should be your number one priority when it comes to moving. To ensure a safe move, make sure to:
- Hire movers to help move cumbersome and heavy objects such as your king bed.
- Use the proper packing materials and transportation. Try to avoid putting your box spring and mattress on the top of your car.
- Measure out doorways and corners to make sure that you will be able to get your bed components and mattress safely out of your old house and into your new one.
By following these simple tips, you should be able to move your king bed, frame and box spring into your new home without any damage. If you would like any other tips on how to safely and efficiently move your bed or other parts of your home, please contact us today. We would love to be a part of your next move. We look forward to hearing from you soon.