Spring Cleaning Tips From Our Grand Fork Movers
As your Grand Forks movers we are starting to see a lot of households take on their spring cleaning. If you are planning a move in the next few months, now is the perfect time to start chipping away at the work load. Even though summer is known as the moving season, by planning ahead you can enjoy the summer weather more and clean while it’s still a bit chilly. With that said, we thought this would be the perfect time to go over some quick spring cleaning tips.
5 Spring Cleaning Tips for your Grand Forks Home
- Baby Steps – Don’t try and get all the big jobs done in one weekend – like cleaning under the fridge or even repainting. Make a list of small job as well as big jobs and split them up over the weekends so you can get all your work done and still enjoy your social life.
- Clean Green – No one wants to be cleaning all day with nasty chemicals and fumes. Opt for green cleaners, either store bought or homemade. If you are considering making your own cleaners, here is an article which provides instructions for glass cleaners, degreasers and more.
- Yard Sale – Once you’ve made a list of cleaning projects start some piles for donations, yard sale nominees, recycling and garbage. Hosting a yard sale before the move or even just to get rid of some old belongings is a great way to make more room in your house and give it a fresh feeling.
- Donations – Donations go a long way, so whatever you couldn’t sell in your yard sale should be considered for donations. Spring cleaning is a perfect opportunity to rid your home of unnecessary items and forgotten clothing.
- Mind the Yard – Spring cleaning doesn’t stop in the house it only begins there. Once you’ve made a list of interior projects take a walk around outside and look for projects you’ve always wanted to complete but never had the time too. The momentum that you’ve started with the interior projects will help you jumpstart the exterior cleaning projects. Even if you don’t have any major projects, after a few dry days you can begin weed whacking, mowing and planning your garden.
During your spring cleaning you may come across winter recreational equipment that you may want to store over the spring and summer months. Please feel free to contact us regarding our short term and long term storage solutions.
How to Pack a Closet
Packing your clothes with a wardrobe box will save you space and time in regards to packing fragile items, like paintings or pictures. We hope these tips help make your go as smooth as possible. Please contact us for more information on our moving and storage services.
How to Pack a Dresser
Here are some tips on how to properly pack your dresser while maximizing your space and organization. Many people don’t take advantage of the dresser drawers, but the drawers are excellent for packing keepsakes in that would normally be on top or around the dresser in your new home. Please contact us for more information on our moving and storage services.
How To Tape Boxes
We wanted to offer a packing demonstration to help you pack more efficiently. We’re going to show you how to properly tape a box. The video offers helpful tips that will help you save your energy and time while packing. For more helpful tips visit our Kootenai Moving YouTube Channel which offers a 16 part series on smarter packing.